CLICK BANNER

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Love the Sinner by Avril Ashton

Title: Love the Sinner

Author: Avril Ashton
Publisher: Ellora’s Cave
Publisher’s URL: http://www.jasminejade.com
ISBN/BIN: 9781419939686
Genre: {M/M}, Contemporary, Suspense
Rating: 5 Nymphs
Literary Nymph Reviewer: Critter Nymph




Gabe Ashby has always been straight, yet for some reason the leader of one of New York’s worse gangs is setting off all his bells and whistles. When circumstances keep throwing the two together neither, Gabe or Angelo can help but fall in love.

Avril Ashton is a new author to me, but after reading Love the Sinner, I will be looking for more from this author. Love the Sinner is an excellent story, and while I was nervous about reading a new author, the blurb really grabbed my attention and I had to see how the story would end. The characters are wonderfully written and pulled me right into their story. From the beginning, the attraction between Gabe and Angelo is strong and I was curious how the author would be able to bring the men together since Gabe is a detective and Angelo a major gang leader, one who makes no excuses for what he has to do. The passion between the two is intense and the men really heat up the pages.

It is not only the men’s relationship that will hold your interest, but also the situations they find themselves in. The author does an excellent job making this world believable. The conflict Gabe faces as he struggles, with not only his feelings for Angelo but also Angelo’s ‘occupation’, is very realistic. As for Angelo, it is not hard to see him as the tough gang banger and the author doesn’t skimp on the violence. There are some tense moments in the story and I have to say I wondered when everything would blow up in the men’s faces and, truthfully, I could see no way the author could give these two a happily ever after.

I don’t want to give too much away so I will just say that the author does a great job wrapping this story up and more than once, I found myself close to tears. Love the Sinner is a great story and one I will be reading more than once.

No comments:

Post a Comment